Pull cord housing is riveted on!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is a starter clutch, but it is not use on the 675 engines.

mullins87

Threads
Really??? I taking you as the expert here, but then what the heck does it use to connect the recoil starter to the engine? Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or confrontational, but I've never personally seen a recoil start engine that didn't have one of those on it. I've got either an 875 or 975 on an AgriFab tiller, I might need to know what that thing uses one of these days.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That style of clutch has not been used since the CDI ignition systems became popular. Today's engines use a starter cup which work in conjunction with starter pawls which are part of the rewind pulley. Only see those on the older horizontal shaft engines.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, that old clutch hasn't been used for many, many years. But there are still many, many real old Briggs still running strong out there too.

mullins87

Threads
Oh okay, my Stihl has that. It's painfully obvious I have only had old equipment to work on through the years. :laughing: I do have that AgriFab tiller and a 5 or 6 year old Huskee push mower, I'll have to check them out.