Export thread

Pto switch..la140

P

pops52

Hi, New member here. I bought a 2010 LA140 last year, replaced: battery, cutting belt, electric cutting clutch, tires and rims. It worked well last year, but now the PTO doesn't engage.
I show power to the pto switch and,without starting the mower, i pull the switch and I can hear the clutch engage.
When I put the switch back in place and try to engage the pto nothing happens.
I did have to reconnect a wire, came from the battery and ran to the fuse, the fuse is good. Any ideas what to do?

StarTech

StarTech

Then most likely you have a loose connection. Many times the Packard wire terminal will break their hinged contact and then loose electrical contact. They are easily replaced; although, JD just wants you to replace the entire front wiring harness over replacing an one dollar bad terminal.

B

boatmoter

Hi, New member here. I bought a 2010 LA140 last year, replaced: battery, cutting belt, electric cutting clutch, tires and rims. It worked well last year, but now the PTO doesn't engage.
I show power to the pto switch and,without starting the mower, i pull the switch and I can hear the clutch engage.
When I put the switch back in place and try to engage the pto nothing happens.
I did have to reconnect a wire, came from the battery and ran to the fuse, the fuse is good. Any ideas what to do?
(engine off) engage the pto & try to turn the clutch by hand to see if you have a frozen pulley or spindle. I would also put a volt meter at the pto clutch and engage the pto and see if the voltage disappears

P

pops52

(engine off) engage the pto & try to turn the clutch by hand to see if you have a frozen pulley or spindle. I would also put a volt meter at the pto clutch and engage the pto and see if the voltage disappears
Thanks put a new one one it worked..now I'm trying to find such safety relay is "stuck" because it won't even turn over..thinking either seat or parking brake

B

bertsmobile1

Do yourself a massive favour and buy the JD Technical manual for your mower
It will show you exactly where each part is hidden , what it does and how to test it
Not cheap but pays for itself the first time you don't send the mower to a workshop or rip your hair out

StarTech

StarTech

The ignition, PTO, and Brake are the only things in between the 12V and the starter solenoid. No Safety relays.

1683418904383.png