pto **** off

dan75

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub cadet LT1018 after cutting awhile the pto shuts off...........if you push the button in an pull it out it starts right back up for awhile then does it again. This will happen sometimes 10 times while cutting..............sometimes it will only shut off once or twice an hour. I put a new pto didn't help. Anybody have a clue before I blow it up...........this is the last cub cadet..........nothing but junk!!!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a cub cadet LT1018 after cutting awhile the pto shuts off...........if you push the button in an pull it out it starts right back up for awhile then does it again. This will happen sometimes 10 times while cutting..............sometimes it will only shut off once or twice an hour. I put a new pto didn't help. Anybody have a clue before I blow it up...........this is the last cub cadet..........nothing but junk!!!

Does it have the seat safety switch if so try disconnecting the seat switch and plugging it back up, it will shut your PTO off if your not getting a good connection. I bypassed my seat switch on my LT 1045. Every time I hit a bump and bounced out of the seat it would shut my pto off.

noma

Threads
Ric Hi

If your pto shut off while hitting bumps you might be just going to fast mowing.:licking:

Threads
Maybe a loose connection, bad wire, or it might have a circuit breaker on there. Do you have a manual with a parts list?

dan75

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took the saftey switch off the seat for that pto

dan75

Forum Newbie
Threads
also checked manual no circuit breaker

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric Hi

If your pto shut off while hitting bumps you might be just going to fast mowing.:licking:

Now that's something I don't do is mow to fast, I've been accused of mowing to slow but never fast. Some areas I used to mow with the LT there was always holes and I'd manage to find them and when I did, I'd bounce, the pto would shut down and then it was stop, push the pto switch in pull it out and re-engage and get the blades going again. Some of those safety switches were or can be real sensitive and others hardly work. That was the reason I disconnected the seat switch on the LT.

c gordon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you find out what is causing the pto to shut off. I have the same problem

dan75

Forum Newbie
Threads
no I havent..............I'm still playing around with it. It got a little better but it still shuts off