Export thread

Problems signing in

EngineMan

EngineMan

I am having problems getting in having to wait for links which sometimes comes, then having to reset my password again, this seems to be the only way I can see myself being signed in, five times today just to get back onto the site, can anyone help out with this problem please.

E

EngineManNo2

ADMIN I have made a new account to see if I can sign out and sign back in with no problems.

E

EngineManNumber2

Still the same.......!

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Do you checkmark the "stay logged in" box? try that and see if it keeps you in.
image.png

E

EngineManNumber2

I have, it doesn't, but thanks for reply the window you are showing go's away and that's it does not show has signed in, it's the same page I see, if I don
t get a reply from Admin soon I'll just give up and work on other forum's that I have and are working fine.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Have you PM'd Catherine or Muhammad about it?

cpurvis

cpurvis

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the forum. No one else has said the same thing happens to them.

What are you using? Phone? Desktop? Laptop? What operating system?

EngineMan

EngineMan

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the forum. No one else has said the same thing happens to them.

What are you using? Phone? Desktop? Laptop? What operating system?
Laptop with windows 10 it's only a year old and up to date

cpurvis

cpurvis

I use two; one is a notebook running Windows 10, Firefox 83.0 and Adblocker Plus. No problems. Sorry I can't be of more help.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Three times waiting for a link to reset password before am signed in today

cpurvis

cpurvis

It seems unlikely to me that the problem lies with the site if I can stay logged on after closing the site and then open the site back up and still be logged on.

How do you exit the Lawn World site? I either close its tab or close Firefox.

EngineMan

EngineMan

It seems unlikely to me that the problem lies with the site if I can stay logged on after closing the site and then open the site back up and still be logged on.

How do you exit the Lawn World site? I either close its tab or close Firefox.
It doesn't matter how I close the site, if I close the tab, close firefox or log off I can't get back in until ask for a reset link and sometimes have to asked a few times before a get one that comes to e-mail address.

cpurvis

cpurvis

If you log off of Lawn World you'll certainly have to log back. It sounds to me as if your computer has maybe saved an old password and fails to login, or your computer is clearing out cookies every time you shut down?

I don't know what else to suggest.

edit: When you click on your user name (upper right corner of screen) is the setting circled in red the same on your computer?

1608842769619.png

cpurvis

cpurvis

And if you click on "Connected accounts" do you see any accounts listed, such as these?

1608842948085.png

cpurvis

cpurvis

Here's another thing:
If you click on 'Password and security' it brings up this screen. Is Two-Step verification disabled? I don't know what it does; all I know is that mine is disabled.

1608843565046.png

EngineMan

EngineMan

If you log off of Lawn World you'll certainly have to log back. It sounds to me as if your computer has maybe saved an old password and fails to login, or your computer is clearing out cookies every time you shut down?

edit: When you click on your user name (upper right corner of screen) is the setting circled in red the same on your computer?

View attachment 55151
Yes

EngineMan

EngineMan

View attachment 55151
yes

EngineMan

EngineMan

And if you click on "Connected accounts" do you see any accounts listed, such as these?

View attachment 55152
Yes

EngineMan

EngineMan

Here's another thing:
If you click on 'Password and security' it brings up this screen. Is Two-Step verification disabled? I don't know what it does; all I know is that mine is disabled.

View attachment 55154
Yes

cpurvis

cpurvis

Well, that's it for me. I don't know where to go from here. It'll take somebody smarter than me about computers but that won't take much.

Good luck!

EngineMan

EngineMan

After all this time and not one admin helping out..............thanks for your time.

Maybe delete your cookies ?

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, & Firefox 85.0.2 & Edge at times. Latest versions. No log in issues.

That "Password & Security" should be Disabled, UNLESS you want a two step complicated log in, each time..

I do Not, so I leave mine disabled. That is something I am seeing on more & more sites, tho. Just extra protection.

M

Muhammad

You probably need to delete your cookies and then it should work fine.

S

slomo

Use a different browser and install an ad blocker.

slomo

C

Chrisgixer2

Hi all and admin esp who have clearly been dealing with some server issues lately. Please don’t see this as a complaint but I just wanted to let you know some issues still remain just in case not aware?

i have opened a second account as I’ve been unable to get the forum to recognise my original email address that was registered just before the crash. I was getting bad gateway errors for a week or so. Uk member on iPhone XS.

using google or Facebook to log in didn’t help. Forgot password emails never arived and raised an error from the software re the email address again.

anyway I’m wondering if the crash and reset lost the email for my account? Hesse it’s not recognised?

hopefully this is seen as helpful and thanks for your work in providing this community. I’m aware admiring can be a thankless task

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I got the 502 gateway errors for 2 days, it's normal today

C

Chrisgixer2

Yes today is the first day I’ve got the homepage.

I

ILENGINE

I PM'd @Muhammad from Tractorbynet yesterday about the error and he replied to me about 2AM that it was fixed. I had to relog in this morning and everything seems to be fixed.

C

Chrisgixer2

I PM'd @Muhammad from Tractorbynet yesterday about the error and he replied to me about 2AM that it was fixed. I had to relog in this morning and everything seems to be fixed.
I wonder if yours is an older account that it’s remembered your email? And the fact mine is a new account means a restore was gone prior to my account set up. Hence the address was lost? All though my posts are still present

C

Chrisgixer2

Ps once logged in all seems to be well nice and responsive

I got the 502 gateway errors for 2 days, it's normal today
Yes, but we have been there before.. Life goes on.. LOL

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

LOL!!
Yes, but we have been there before.. Life goes on.. LOL
!

S

slomo

You know what, this just hit me. We all know facebook is a life waster. What about all the time we spend on this forum? Guess you could say we try to help people, while wasting our lives LOL??

slomo

C

chrisgixer3

would i be right in saying, that one must first be logged in, in order to see those settings? something i am unable to do on two previous accounts. this being the third.

matters not if pc or mobile. firfox chrome or windows, i can not log in to accounts 1 and 2. i am in th uk, on a pc, using firefox, on a third account to type this.

its starting to feel personal tbh, when you see all others carrying on as normal, and all emails to the help or contact us page are ignored. wtf?