Problem with small craftsman tiller

tim4

Threads
Thank you the engine is a 4 stroke and everything is clean and I replaced the fuel line to the filter and new filter.
I noticed to the left of where the carburetor bolts on there is a round pipe that comes from the engine. What is supposed to go on it thanks.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
just a GUESS that is a crankcase vent. Probably goes to the carb or air cleaner.

tim4

Threads
just a GUESS that is a crankcase vent. Probably goes to the carb or air cleaner.
I thought so but can not tell where it hooks up on the air cleaner. There is a small line on the other side that comes from the air cleaner to the engine can't tell where it goes it goes under the covers maybe a fuel vent.

tim4

Threads
I thought so but can not tell where it hooks up on the air cleaner. There is a small line on the other side that comes from the air cleaner to the engine can't tell where it goes it goes under the covers maybe a fuel vent.
The problem was the new carburetor was bad. I bought another new carburetor from ebay

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The problem was the new carburetor was bad. I bought another new carburetor from ebay
We keep advising people to buy parts from real parts stores and not ebay / amazon for this exact reason
Lots of stuff there that has been rescued from the factory scrap metal bin then sold as "OEM"
SO another case of
"he who buys cheap pays twice "

Thanks for closing the thread and please get your parts from a dealer or one of the genuine on line stand alone specalist small engine parts retailers .
It will save you a lot of time & frustration is nothing else .