Export thread

Problem Removing Engine Cover

D

danielecrook

I have a 125cc e450 B&S, Model 08P502-0063-F1. I cannot remove the Engine Cover/Cowling after removing the two obvious screws. I watched one video referencing “sliding backwards” to release “B*tch Hook”, but still no-go. Any other video links or detailed instructions will be much appreciated !.!.!

R

Rivets

If you are talking about the decorative plastic cover, lift and give it a good pull.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

There is a hole under the sticker on the cover. You can poke a screwdriver through it and release a clip.

H

Honest Abe

There is a hole under the sticker on the cover. You can poke a screwdriver through it and release a clip.
makes a person wonder was this some kind of a bad joke on the designer's part . . . . . .

B

bertsmobile1

It is standard industry practice for things that the owner is not supposed to pull apart
Thus a sticker that has a hole in it means the warranty is now void
techs are supposed to replace those stickers after doing a service
Just about every electrical devise will either have a sticker that bridges the case halves so gets cut / torn if the case is opened or a screw behind a sticker .

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

It is standard industry practice for things that the owner is not supposed to pull apart
Thus a sticker that has a hole in it means the warranty is now void
techs are supposed to replace those stickers after doing a service
Just about every electrical devise will either have a sticker that bridges the case halves so gets cut / torn if the case is opened or a screw behind a sticker .
If you can’t get the engine shroud off, it’s going to be a long day.

H

Honest Abe

If you can’t get the engine shroud off, it’s going to be a long day.
ehhh, I know a guy, he says just use a bigger hammer...