Pro-Turn Seat Adjustment Question

RustyBoy

Threads
Received my first ZTR, actually my first rider, yesterday and I have a question regarding the seat adjustment. I found that the seat only slides forward no more than 2 inches, maybe 1 1/2". Is there something I'm missing here??? I would think that it should slide around 4-6 inches. It's the entry level Pro-Turn.

RustyBoy

Threads
Ok, found my answer by calling Gravely. The seat moves 2" forward or 2" backward. I assumed something was catching the seat moving along the track as 2" doesn't seem very much, but I don't have a problem with its position - just wanted things to be working right.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok, found my answer by calling Gravely. The seat moves 2" forward or 2" backward. I assumed something was catching the seat moving along the track as 2" doesn't seem very much, but I don't have a problem with its position - just wanted things to be working right.

Gravely has very good Tech Support, don't you think??? I too was disappointed that the Gravely manual had very little(actually very basic) instructions for seat adjustment and they promised me they would pass that information along do that maybe future manuals could be revised to give more details. Apparently, that hasn't happened yet!! Sooooooo....where are those pictures of your new toy??????

RustyBoy

Threads
Yes, Gravely has exceptional consumer support and its one of the reasons I purchased a Gravely product. I was also interested in the Kubota Kommander but I found that Kubota has just about zero support. If you call Kubota about a simple question, they refer you to the dealer in your area. I'm very satisfied with everything about Gravely.