Pro-Turn Lengths are all the Same????

RustyBoy

Threads
I'm looking at the entry level Pro-Turn and noticed that it looked a little peculiar in that the caster wheels are placed about a foot away from the deck. I contacted the Gravely dealer and he thought that maybe all of the Pro-Turns use the same frame. I checked the specs and yes, all the Pro-Turns from the 48" to the 60" are of the same length. I'm thinking that having the caster wheels so far ahead of the deck will affect its maneuverability. My question is this: Do you see any disadvantage or advantage for having the caster wheels so far from the deck? I looked at some photos posted by jonesandjones and the distance of the caster wheels from the deck do look awkward. Any comments???

Threads
If you are referring to the picture I posted below, I'm pretty sure it is no different than other ZTR brands. I think that the zero-turn was just backed into the position shown in the picture, causing the caster wheels to go in the other direction. But let's see what others think.

17070d1378430460-maybe-buying-new-gravely-pro-turn-48-img-20130905-00022-jpg

RustyBoy

Threads
If you are referring to the picture I posted below, I'm pretty sure it is no different than other ZTR brands. I think that the zero-turn was just backed into the position shown in the picture, causing the caster wheels to go in the other direction. But let's see what others think.

17070d1378430460-maybe-buying-new-gravely-pro-turn-48-img-20130905-00022-jpg

Yes, that is the picture. I thought it was posted by jonesandjones. When I looked at the Pro-Turn at the dealer, the front casters were obviously way forward of the deck, like out of proportion. I'm getting tired of trying to make a decision but this is a big investment so I have to bear with it. I first thought I wanted the HD but the ride was uncomfortable because of the seat, the reason I thought of upgrading to the Pro-Turn. The Pro-Turn has a more comfortable integrated suspension seat. Now I'm trying to decide between the Pro-Turn and the Kubota Kommander that has a full suspension seat and was hoping to make a decision today - pricing will be within $150 but the Pro-Turn seems to have much better specs. I do prefer the Gravely because of its specs but wondering about its maneuverability because of what I mentioned.