Pro mowers: funny things that happen on the job?

MowManWV

Threads
Just a thread to share the silly things that happen to the professional mowers out there.......or anyone I guess!

I wish I had this on video! I was weed eating a very steep bank today......gravel road below and house on top. The bank was too steep for any type of mowing and even side-to-side weed eating was impossible. I had just put ice cleats onto my boots hoping to gain some traction. (Those worked OK actually, did help).

I charged up the hill, only to lose my balance and literally go backwards, heels over head! I couldn't believe I was falling off that hill!

I must have landed on my behind, then slid off the vertical part, as I landed on my behind again then rolled onto my back, right on that gravel.

I never lost grip of my weed eater and my first reaction was to look around to see if anyone saw it. :eek:

I charged back up, leaning farther forwards and got that hill done.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I went to start my stihl weed eater to do some trimming, pulled on the rope............ and pulled and pulled and pulled and pulled and pulled and pulled and pulled and pulled and pulled and pulled and pulled, finally i start thinking, "okay time to diagnose" then i look by my hand.... "THE KILL SWITCH YOU DUMMY!"... flip to the "on" position, pull on it twice and "Vroooom"... i was surprised i did not flood it.