Prices of Greenhouses?

bret

Threads
I recently found a good sized pre-fab greenhouse which is expandable for $3000, is that a good buy? It is 20x20 and expandable in x 20 increments, ie 20x40. It seems like a good deal but I am not sure.

Flossie

Threads
When you say it is expandable do you mean that the $3000 is for the main part and you have to buy more if you want to make it bigger later? Personally I would have a look at this site. Much cheaper options and altogether more attractive, (in my opinion).

Twinkle

Threads
Nice site. I would love to buy one of these but it doesn't mention shipping to anywhere outside America. I'll have to contact them and ask. I like that it can be used as a chicken house too.

173abn

Threads
bret,what's that greenhouse made of?I see you live in Michigan so does it come with a heater? also what do you plan to use as a floor,ie concrete,wood ,bare ground? russ

bret

Threads
It comes with a heater and a fan, as well as a irrigation system, I was planning on doing concrete floor because it would be longer lasting and easier to clean and keep clean.

173abn

Threads
bret,I think the price is about right if it's polycarbonite.what's the frame made of?.also good choice on the floor,concrete will act as a thermal mass and help store the heat of the sun and release it at night.You might want to consider adding a wood stove as a supplament if possible. russ

bret

Threads
Yes, it is polycarbonate. From what I am reading it seems ok, I have an old wood stove out back I want to gear up in it as well, I just need to get some pipe to pipe it outside