Predator Engines any count, from Harbor Freight?

Homer1

Threads
I have dome some loose reading on these Predator engine replacements for things like tillers and the like, just wondered if anyone here had some hands on experience.

I have been eyeballing that 5500 watt generator too, and it was on sale last week, but i missed it, marked down to about 350 bucks. I've never had a use for a generator yet, but I'd like to have one in the garage just in case. Won't even add oil more than likely until I need it for the first time.

Love em or hate em, any feedback appreciated. Thank ya.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have dome some loose reading on these Predator engine replacements for things like tillers and the like, just wondered if anyone here had some hands on experience.

I have been eyeballing that 5500 watt generator too, and it was on sale last week, but i missed it, marked down to about 350 bucks. I've never had a use for a generator yet, but I'd like to have one in the garage just in case. Won't even add oil more than likely until I need it for the first time.

Love em or hate em, any feedback appreciated. Thank ya.

Homer. Within the year ( I think) there was a thread discussing a possible substitution with an HF engine. The writer made a strong "price" case for the move. As I recall he could get the motor cheap and buy a warranty that almost assured him that he could keep replacing it at HF without further outlay. Don't remember forum feedback of quality or experience. Try the search function.

Homer1

Threads
Thanks! I found it, I will post the link here to help others searching.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mower...engine-their-excellent-extended-warranty.html

Looks like with their return policy, you can't go wrong upgrading something small with one of their engines. The majority of what I read online said that their generator version engines were nearly an exact copy of a Honda engine, but that's some pretty big shoes to fill in the small engine world, so who knows.