Poulan Pro Riding Lawn Mower Won't Budge

srb644

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 2008 46in Poulan Pro Riding Lawn Mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine wouldn't turn over last spring, so I went in a different direction by buying an EGO Mover, couldn't be happier. Last spring I moved the Poulan out of the small shed by turning a front tire to get it to roll. Tried that this spring to get it out and it won't budge. It's in neutral. The brake is disengaged. Is it because the battery is dead? There is no shaft/key to disengage the transmission. Any hints/help would be greatly appreciated.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you checked to make sure the brake is actually disengaged at the transmission and not stuck.

srb644

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you checked to make sure the brake is actually disengaged at the transmission and not stuck.
Yes, Double checked it. The mower just won't roll forward or backwards after turning a front tire like I was told to last spring. Trick doesn't work now.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What about posting the actual model number from the serial number tag?

srb644

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good idea. PB19546T

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Okay has Dana D6800 transaxle.

It sounds like the brake caliper on the transaxle is stuck. Lift the rear end and remove one rear axle keys to temporary move the mower around. Then try checking the caliper by removing it and checking the two engagement pins. Pay attention the brake setup as you remove the caliper. Most likely they are either rusted and corroded in place locking rear differential. Most time you remove the pin and clean up the two 5/16 holes and sand off the rust on the pins then reassembly.

srb644

Forum Newbie
Threads

It sounds like the brake caliper on the transaxle is stuck. Lift the rear end and remove one rear axle keys to temporary move the mower around. Then try checking the caliper by removing it and checking the two engagement pins. Pay attention the brake setup as you remove the caliper. Most likely they are either rusted and corroded in place locking rear differential. Most time you remove the pin and clean up the two 5/16 holes and sand off the rust on the pins then reassembly.
Will try tomorrow. Thank you.

srb644

Forum Newbie
Threads

It worked. Rolled it out of the shed. Thank you again.