Poulan Pro PP20VA46 Drive Issues

scottmarsc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just rebuilt a neighbor's PP20VA46 that had a blown engine. Replaced blown B&S Intek 20hp engine with identical model, drive and deck belts replaced. Engine starts and runs well, but when I press on the forward drive pedal there is a slight forward lurch, prior to the mower moving forward, and then it will not stop moving forward until I depress the brake pedal. The same thing happens in reverse. You cannot shift from forward to reverse operation without depressing the brake pedal either. Having never driven this mower before, is this normal operation, or is there an adjustment I need to make to the drive belt tensioning that will allow the mower to stop moving when the forward or reverse pedal is released?

scottmarsc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Answered my own problem with a few more days work scouring the internet. There was a small chip of wood ( and other debris) under the variator levers causing the primary pulley to not fully open. General Transmission has a wonderful website with lots of troubleshooting videos specific to the RS 800 transmission.

RS800 - General Transmissions Service & Parts

services.generaltransmissions.com