Poulan Pro 25cc weed eater - bog problem on the low end

storm-chaser

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Poulan Pro 25cc weed eater - bog problem on the low end
This uses 40:1 and has a displacement of 25cc. 17" cutting pattern, standard trimmer string. Only about 1 hour run time on engine and it did this right out of the box. If you start it and press the throttle about 1/2 down, so the throttle plate is 1/2 open, it runs powerfully and cuts the best. If you go to full throttle, bogs and slowly spools up, but doesnt have as much power. How can this be, since everything else I've worked on runs better when the throttle is wide open. I even went as far as to remove the choke plate to test - but it made no difference. I can always run it have 1/2 throttle, but it seems like here must be something I can do to make it run powerfully at WOT. Any suggestions? Again this is a like new machine with good compression.

storm-chaser

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the LMF...

Have you adjusted the carb?
It will be some what like this video... YouTube - ‪HOW TO ADJUST The Carburetor on Ryobi 2 Cycle Cultivator‬‏
:smile:KennyV

Thanks Kenny. This weed eater has a carb that has non-adjustable main and high speed jets but that wasnt a problem - the video led me in the right direction - was able to use an aluminum spacer pressed on to remove both jets. The factory adjustment was way off. It was running to lean and I had to richen the low (main) jet to get it not to bog. Once I did that I dialed in the high speed jet and its running like a top. Im going to run 30:1 for break in.

re2nr

Forum Newbie
Threads
A very helpful linc. Great post.