Poulan BVM200VS Won't Start Back up

baseball07

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I was using my Poulan BVM200VS leaf blower just fine last week, then I turned it off to take a 5 min break. I went to start it back up and now it's not starting, or even trying to start. I did the following with no luck:
  • Ensure the air filter was clean (tried to start with and without the filter)
  • Cleaned the carburetor. The cab is good because the bulb is filling and I see a bit of gas on the plug when I try to start it.
  • Tried starting with starter fluid.
  • Bought a new plug and set to the correct gap.
  • Checked for spark by removing the plug and bonding it to the chassis.
  • Removed the plug and let the engine dry out over many days.
  • Spark arrestor is clear.
  • Engine is sealed with all bolts. Lots of compression when I put my finger over the spark plug hole
  • Switch is OK because I get spark, assuming the Hold switch causes no spark
  • Poured a little 10W-30 down the spark plug hole.
I don't understand how the unit can just stop starting when I was having no issues before, it always started very easy and ran great.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you say that you have gas on the spark plug, are you saying the spark plug is wet after cranking. If so that would indicate that either there is a carb problem causing to much fuel or you don't have spark under compression, or the compression isn't as good as you think and can't ignite the fuel. Not starting with starter fluid would hint either to poor compression or no spark.

baseball07

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes I'm saying there is a small amount of gas on the plug. It is not soaking wet. Isn't this normal since when cranking the carb has to inject a bit of gas into the combustion chamber? So poor compression can cause a no spark condition? I'm surprised either of these would instantly occur, within minutes of the engine starting just fine.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If there is a compression problem is could of be occurring prior to shutoff, but since the engine was running it was still enough to continue running, but not enough to restart. You could have spark, but a compression issue can prevent ignition

baseball07

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there anything I can do to check if it is a compression issue? How do I know if there is too much gas in the combustion chamber which would cause no spark?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only way to check if it is a compression issue is to check with a compression gauge