posted some pics.

173abn

Threads
Thank you Robert,I did it all with ladders and freehand.I had to replace all the roof joists on the south side and put in new stringers and used them as a "ladder".I screwed the roof down because I'm getting too old to do that again.the original roof was wood shake and had a lawyer of shingles on top of them.back around 1980 had a hail storm with softball size hail that pulverized the roof so it was either fix it or watch it rot.the siding is pine and it's so hard you can't drive a nail through it.I may paint it one day but have too many other things I want to do first. russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you Robert,I did it all with ladders and freehand.I had to replace all the roof joists on the south side and put in new stringers and used them as a "ladder".I screwed the roof down because I'm getting too old to do that again.the original roof was wood shake and had a lawyer of shingles on top of them.back around 1980 had a hail storm with softball size hail that pulverized the roof so it was either fix it or watch it rot.the siding is pine and it's so hard you can't drive a nail through it.I may paint it one day but have too many other things I want to do first. russ

I need to reroof my two barns, the smaller one I can do myself as it's a medium slope but the bigger one with the gambrel roof...NO WAY. Also want to reside them with steel because I don't want to mess around with painting again. I enjoy carpentry work of all kinds UNLESS it requires going up on a high ladder.

Russ, that is a really neat barn, have never seen one with an attached greenhouse before, really unique looking structure.

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ladders? That roof looks to be 30'-0" above grade.....Wow. That is classic Americana, I would like to see pics of the inside. So your not storing any hay in it then? No livestock?
It must look bigger than it is. I'm impressed, I think I am to old to re roof that barn. Good job!

173abn

Threads
From the ground to the eve it's 16',the bottom steel panals are 16' and the top ones are 12'.my shop is inside behind the greenhouse ,I park my truck in it then off to the side I keep my tractor and several mowers,I added on to it last summer on the north side to keep my grasshopper and call it my lawnmower shop.I'll post a pic of the add on later.I just store junk in the loft.when I built the greenhouse I ran water to it as well as elec.I wired the whole barn myself.whoever the folks were that built it wrote on one of the inside doors"this barn was built in 1914".they kept horses in it cause it had mangers in it before I tore em out.I 'm thinking they farmed with the horses. russ

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
From the ground to the eve it's 16',the bottom steel panals are 16' and the top ones are 12'.\

So It's more like 40' to the peak. That is a three story barn you have there. looking forward to more pics

173abn

Threads
Robert,Ill take some more pics.If I may ask,what kind of dog you got?It looks like a fox terrier?I've got a toy fox terrier and a jack russell. russ

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Robert,Ill take some more pics.If I may ask,what kind of dog you got?It looks like a fox terrier?I've got a toy fox terrier and a jack russell. russ

I have had a few people ask me about the dog avatar, I avoid the question, it leads to more questions:laughing:. The dog in the avatar is a "Mountain Fiest". Yea I know.....everytime I tell someone what kind of dog that is they say Whaaaaat? Unless they are from Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, or Mississippi.
There aren't many around. I could and do go on and on about this dog and this breed. But if your interested or have more questions let me know. It's a great dog.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had a few people ask me about the dog avatar, I avoid the question, it leads to more questions:laughing:. The dog in the avatar is a "Mountain Fiest". Yea I know.....everytime I tell someone what kind of dog that is they say Whaaaaat? Unless they are from Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, or Mississippi.
There aren't many around. I could and do go on and on about this dog and this breed. But if your interested or have more questions let me know. It's a great dog.

Whaaaaat? :laughing: Be sure to tell russ about your "half Jack Russell terrier..." :laughing:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... It's a great dog.

Your right,,, I've had the pleasure of knowing one.:thumbsup:...

Just a little from Wikipedia...
'Mountain (Treeing) Feist'
"Feists have a very interesting personality. They are curious about everything, and extremely intelligent! Treeing Feists are very good squirrel dogs and they are absolutely intent on playing and expending energy. When they decide that it is time to sleep, they definitely will do so, curling up on an owner's lap and sleeping soundly. They are very protective around the people they know best. Be prepared for an energetic yet controllable dog with a devoted and loving personality."

:smile:KennyV

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your right,,, I've had the pleasure of knowing one.:thumbsup:...

Just a little from Wikipedia...
'Mountain (Treeing) Feist'
"Feists have a very interesting personality. They are curious about everything, and extremely intelligent! Treeing Feists are very good squirrel dogs and they are absolutely intent on playing and expending energy. When they decide that it is time to sleep, they definitely will do so, curling up on an owner's lap and sleeping soundly. They are very protective around the people they know best. Be prepared for an energetic yet controllable dog with a devoted and loving personality."

:smile:KennyV
This dog has 2 speeds, high and off.
She's a squirrell dog for sure, bred for nothing else (now you got me started). The best squirrell dog I have ever seen. She's better than her dad and he had ribbons and trophys. I traded a blooodhound for her after I saw what her father could do. She will be 13 this year and still as spry as ever. I quit hunting squirrells with her because I would get too worried about her getting snake bit or running an amadillo, or a hog. The dog has no quit. I just care too much for the dog to hunt her anymore. She still gets to tree here at the house, if you don't have the curtains open at dawn she will let you know you scewed up. She catches about 6 a year. She loves to sit at the window and wait for one to get to far from the tree and then she sneaks out the back door and starts her stalk. It's very entertaining to say the least, never gets old.
Unless you happen to be a squirell :)

Attachments

• Bebe A.jpg
    Bebe A.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: