Export thread

Pony Replacement Engine

F

fe468stroker

2019 or 2020 Pony engine is smoking badly and making a bottom end noise in medium grass height. Obviously it needs replacing or junk the entire thing. The current engine is a 439cc Troy Bilt branded engine - more likely a Briggs. Is there a direct replacement engine with more power. If I decide to fix it I would rather go with more power and torque. If this is feasible, what is the size and where would one purchase it? Thank you.

M

MParr

It’s a Powermore engine. A MTD and Chinese company joint venture engine.
This will work. Wiring will be different.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

post the model number of the mower, it should be on a tag under the seat.

M

MParr

Troy-Bilt is putting 540cc 19hp Briggs and Stratton engines on their newer offerings. I guess the Chinese engines didn’t work out too well.

B

bertsmobile1

Troy-Bilt is putting 540cc 19hp Briggs and Stratton engines on their newer offerings. I guess the Chinese engines didn’t work out too well.
In november lat year one of my suppliers announced that they were going to distribute Loncin Engines , put out a price list for engines & parts
In December they listed the parts as in stock ( and they were ) to date the first container load of engines have not landed that was due in January .
All of the private importers of Loncin Engines all have limited or no stock of the same single engine so suggest Loncin is having supply problems .
The 2 private distributors who used to sell Ducar engines have 0 stock at the moment as well .
Apparently the situation with Lifan is similar but I see any Lifan engines in my shop.
China has a command economy and at present the current administration is weaponising trade to a very high level so if any government critisizes it they instruct the exporters not to despatch goods and find some pretend reason to prevent imports landing
They rejected a batch of Aussie beef because it was supposedly contaminated with a pathogen that we do not have in Australia and they have previously done the same with lobsters

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Or briggs found a way to make them cheaper..... ?

M

MParr

Or briggs found a way to make them cheaper..... ?
Probably easier to source.