Export thread

Pony 77T whine/transmission?

bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic

Good day all, I purchased a troy-bilt pony yesterday for a low price. It does need some love but runs and cuts. Looking it over I say no grease points at all would there be any? Also the tractor seems to have a wine when in gear, was wondering if there was a fill port for the trans to possibly add fluid that may have leaked out if that's the case? I will replace the v belt going all the way back sense in 1,2,3 it sometimes slows down or stops. Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers

dougand3

dougand3

Post the model # - eg: 13AN77TG766. Then can lookup the transaxle model. Also, the transaxle may have a sticker - eg: 618-04240.

bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic

13AN77TG is the exact model. Don't see anything on the trans axle

bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic

anyone?

bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic

Bump

B

bertsmobile1

First does it whine the same in forward as it does in reverse ?
If yes then the problem is in the axle & Diff assembly which is grease packed and has no fill port .
If no then you have a bad bearing in the vari drive system

Finally, the belts should be replaced as a set

bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic

First does it whine the same in forward as it does in reverse ?
If yes then the problem is in the axle & Diff assembly which is grease packed and has no fill port .
If no then you have a bad bearing in the vari drive system

Finally, the belts should be replaced as a set
Thank you, it only wines in forward, 1,2 usually don't engage 3 sometimes does but seems once the mower is warn it doesn't work anymore. I was thinking about replacing all the belts.

B

bertsmobile1

The "gears" are not gears but a set variation of the tranny pulley diameters so sounds like you belts need replacing
Check that the sliding member on the double pulley at the back moves easily up & down.
TAKE PHOTOS OF WHERE ALL THE SPRINGS GO BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM OFF .
The whine is most likely in the axle.
To fix that it needs to come out, be cleaned, split then the forward bush replaced or even the F-R sliding gear
On some you can flip them so F is R & R is F to even out the wear.

bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic

Thank you, I'll be sure to do this in the fall when I pull the deck off. Is there a belt "kit" with all the belts?

bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic

Also which pulley do I want to order? my upper trans belt just snapped.