Pole saw PPT2620H vs. PPT2620

Sean2202

Threads
Greetings,

Looking to purchase a dedicated pole saw from Echo. I have narrowed it down to the 2620 curved handle and the 2620 straight handle. The only difference I can see is the throttle handle is curved on the 2620 and the 2620H is a straight weed trimmer handle. Are there any other differences between these two that I missed? What benefit if any is the curved handle? I have a Pole saw attachment on my echo trimmer and have used the stihl pole pruner version without a top handle and they seem to work just fine that way. Curious why you would want a curved handle? Who has used one of these and do you like the curved handle or not.

Thanks
Sean

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the PPT280 which I believe was replaced by the PPT2620. The only difference that I see is that the 2620 is a foot shorter. Mine has the loop handle, and I like it, but at times I have to consciously contact the the throttle lock with the palm of my hand because depending on what I'm doing it doesn't naturally contact it enough. Still, if I had a choice I think I'd go with the loop handle just to have a good secure grip on it. These units are pretty strenuous to use, especially fully extended, and in my case with the 4 foot extension on at times (17 foot total length). Sometimes there's some pushing and pulling involved if you get it pinched or are using it to pull down limbs and vines - yes I know it's not really designed for that :) The telescoping feature is nice but it wasn't long before it would not hold position. It's kind of annoying to have it slide when you don't want it to.

logert gogert

Threads
only differences i see are that the model with the 2620H comes with tools, whereas the 2620 does not

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Tools for both units are the same. Sean, you are correct, the only difference is the type of handle. I like the curved handle, as I feel it gives the user better control of the unit, especially when extended.

Sean2202

Threads
Ordered a 2620 with the curved handle. Hope the learning curve is not too steep with the curved handle compared to the straight ones I have used.

Sean2202

Threads
After using this for a bit I do like the loop handle. The unit is much heavier than the PAS system that I have with a chain saw attachment. The loop handle definitely comes in handy to hold it because of the weight. I have found that I use my PAS system with the chain saw attachment quite a bit more as it is lighter, easier to handle and easy to transport. While each has there place. The pole saw is very well made which makes it heavy. I am glad I purchased it.

One thing I found out is that my PAS and the 2620 takes a different bar size 12 and 10. I assume a 10" bar would fit on the 2620 to keep things simpler if I needed to.