Plowing with the Ventrac

Raw Dodge

Threads
I took a 40 minute video with my phone a few weeks ago.. Cut it down into 3 sections.. Here's the first part.I was just pushing snow away from my parked area.I could have used my skid steer and been done much faster but my septic tank is under that snow pile and the ground pressure in psi is too high for me as is the weight at close to 8000lbs..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvZaKVZvDVc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Threads
I like the looks of those Ventrac mowers it looks like a very well built machine.:thumbsup:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the grader blade and the excavator bucket, but the blower works great for anything deep !

Ventrac with chains.JPG
Code:
v bar chains on all 4 makes this go in nearly anything !

Raw Dodge

Threads
Nice chains! Do you remember what brand they are and what they cost.I really don't rely on the ventrac full time.Just do little stuff around the house too small for my trucks.I have a plowing business and multiple trucks loader skid steer..Plowing with a 10ft plow on the truck, is 5x faster than the ventrac and way warmer.. I was just cleaning that spot over the septic tank to make room for more snow..

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Nice chains! Do you remember what brand they are and what they cost.I really don't rely on the ventrac full time.Just do little stuff around the house too small for my trucks.I have a plowing business and multiple trucks loader skid steer..Plowing with a 10ft plow on the truck, is 5x faster than the ventrac and way warmer.. I was just cleaning that spot over the septic tank to make room for more snow..

Garden Tractor V-BAR Chains I believe this is where I got them and ordered a couple extra cross chains to make sure I had true 2 link spacing -- I put a 1/2" lexan spacer on the front to clear the rod that protects the hydro hoses.

nickfire20

Forum Newbie
Threads
I took a 40 minute video with my phone a few weeks ago.. Cut it down into 3 sections.. Here's the first part.I was just pushing snow away from my parked area.I could have used my skid steer and been done much faster but my septic tank is under that snow pile and the ground pressure in psi is too high for me as is the weight at close to 8000lbs..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvZaKVZvDVc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Very impressive! I am new to ventrac and am looking for a plow. I have much less driveway than you. I will have to clear spots for the dog, and possibly about 1000' of my street if we need to get out for work and the county didn't cover us.

a few questions...1)any major slip issues with out chains?
2)have you since got chains, if so do they work better?
3)do septic fields need to be clear of snow?