Export thread

Plowing parking lots

BHLC

BHLC

How are others out there charging for parking lots? Per space? Time? How about removal?

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

Size and how many inches are on the ground

BHLC

BHLC

It is .30 acres every 3" plus salt. I figure 240lbs per application

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

If it basically square or a regular shape I'd charge them $200 and push every time there was 3" on it. Snow removal is tough to price it seems like every jack wagon out there has a truck with a plow. Sell them yourself and image if they gripe about price, most reputable businesses would prefer a reputable business plowing it and if you look professional you've won half the battle the rest is being reliable and doing a good job.

BHLC

BHLC

I was figuring on $160 per, so I'm close. Thank you for your help

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

No problem pushin' is pretty fun, bidding the for snow removal sucks. I think $160 should get you in there.

jekjr

jekjr

In South Alabama if there were enough snow in a parking lot to warrant having to pay to get it removed there would be fighting over the last loaf of bread on the shelves of Piggly Wiggly and flashlight batteries would be selling on the black market.

reynoldston

reynoldston

Never did the plowing part, but sure have been in the repairs. I have found that one person can do nothing but damage and the next never has a bit of problems. Also I have found as for trucks where I live have a big rust problem and if you spread salt it will be a lot worst. I don't know what you have for equipment but take this in consideration when you do your pricing.

exotion

exotion

I agree plowing is good money but nothing like throwing around 7000 pounds of metal its going to break something

BHLC

BHLC

In Vermont rust is a way of life. Our 1 ton Chevy dump is our plow rig. It's part of business

reynoldston

reynoldston

In Vermont rust is a way of life. Our 1 ton Chevy dump is our plow rig. It's part of business

Its the same in NY. Any truck I have worked on that spreads salt from 10 wheel road plows to pick ups will rust a lot more then normal and in places you would think that wouldn't rust like under the dash and inside doors. I also find plow trucks rust more then normal just from when and where they are used. Yes just make it a part of business and pricing. Like I said I am not on the plowing end but the repair end so I don't beans about pricing or business part of plowing snow. Yes I know what it cost when something needs repair.