Plow for an older craftsman/central park mower?

JoeNoble

Threads
Have an older central park mower (basically the same as a craftsman and was wondering if there is a specific plow that I need to track down. I found some John deer plows on Craig's list but wasn't sure if they were compatible.

mullins87

Threads
Does the tractor have any kind of hitch on it, such as a 3 point or sleeve hitch? If not, then you can add a sleeve hitch fairly quickly and any sleeve hitch attachment will work.

JoeNoble

Threads
Not real sure to be honest. Got any pics of what your talkin about by chance? Here's a pic of the mower that I have.

Attachments

• image-1858082107.jpg
    image-1858082107.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 17

mullins87

Threads
Boy am I embarassed.....I ASSumed that you had a vintage lawn tractor. Sometimes those older tractors had some type of ground engaging hitch on them. The only hitch yours has is the type to pull a small yard cart or lawn aerator. I will poke around on the net to see if I can find a good picture of a sleeve hitch and some sleeve hitch attachments. Of course I could walk all the way out to the barn, pull the ole' Snapper out, and take some pics of my sleeve hitch and attachments.....but that's 350 feet away from where I am sitting at the moment, which happens to be inside in the A/C while it is still 103 degrees outside!!:eek:

JoeNoble

Threads
Gotcha so the plow for these mounts in the rear? Interesting, I was looking at plows on CL for JD mowers that mount on the front. Honestly I'm thinking about saving myself the money and see if my father in law can help me fab one up.

mullins87

Threads
What kind of a "plow" are you referring to? Is this a breaking plow such as what you would use to turn over a furrow of dirt, or are you wanting a snow plow? If you are wanting a breaking plow, then you'll need the sleeve hitch that I linked for you and it will mount on the rear of the tractor. However, if you're needing a snow plow, then a front mounted one will probably work best. They should come with their own mounts. If you live in an area that doesn't get a lot of snow, like here where I am, then a rear mount grader blade will do just fine. I have a grader blade for my Snapper, it works very well for our occasional 2-3" snow, and even works for our rare 6-8" snow too.

JoeNoble

Threads
Yeah I was looking for something to plow the driveway this winter. We live in Missouri so we get anywhere from 1 inch to 3 feet.

JoeNoble

Threads
Hey hey! Found one in my price range lol

image-102504255.jpg

To be honest I was hoping to purchase one second hand on CL, possibly one with a little surface rust.... I mean patina. Just wasn't sure what would fit my mower or if most of them were universal. Thanks for the link though they have some REALLY nice stuff!