Please Help!,I'm just about to give up on weedeater one!

Gramps101

Threads
  • / Please Help!,I'm just about to give up on weedeater one!
I have just replaced the friction disc on the weedeater one like many others have done with success, however I'm still having problems getting going.
I have checked for grease or oil on the rubber disc, looks and feels good.
I have used ferous abrasive to clean the face of the crankshaft surface disc. I have placed a screw to modifiy the turning of disc, thus bypassing the friction
brake thruster washer.
When I place the mover in gear sometimes it goes, but dies down, and I can see that the chains are turning, but all I get is a grinding noise.
I even checked the wheel axel pins for breakage, all is good. I re-adjusted the brake housing.

Does anyone see anything I might be missing. After reading how the snapper rear mower works, this one is similar in operation. Spring tension holding the
transmission assembly seems good, with great contact.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
gramps, wish I could help, but don't know what you are talking about cause I never saw one, Hope someone responds soon. motoman:thumbsup::

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
throw up some model numbers, and you might have a chance to get some decent advice!!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure that one of the chains hasn't come off. I did a snapper disc conversion on one last fall, and then had a hard time keeping the chains on the sprockets.

Gramps101

Threads
Make sure that one of the chains hasn't come off. I did a snapper disc conversion on one last fall, and then had a hard time keeping the chains on the sprockets.

Thanks for the advice, I have never thought about chains coming out of the sprockets because when I put the mover on jacks, I can move one wheel forward, while observing the other wheel move in the opposite direction, just like troubleshooting instructions says. One thing I have observe is that when the slippage begins, I get a-lot of grinding showing the chains rotating from where I sit, but wheels are not turning.

Since you said that you have replaced the friction wheel on one of this and found that the chains where coming off the sprockets, its something that I have no idea if that is happening, however when I put the mower in reverse, it works much better at that lower speed.

I sure hate to throw it away because it does a good job cutting grass, and it starts on the first start like new.

Gramps101

Threads
gramps, wish I could help, but don't know what you are talking about cause I never saw one, Hope someone responds soon. motoman:thumbsup::

This are the WE261 model that are green and are sold just about everywhere. Great for the small yard specially for the ladies or the older lawn maintainers here in Florida. Very cheap in price. Thats probably they break so easily.

Gramps101

Threads

After careful observation, since you told me about the chain coming off, well I have a feeling that the item that's causing me my fits is the differential assembly.
It seems to be intermittent. I did some further trouble shooting by lowering the friction plate and turning the right wheel, thus making the sprockets turn freely,
sometimes the sprocket turn with the chain and sometimes not.
I wonder if there is a way to modify it?

After looking around for part replacement, they want $322. for the whole axle kit.

Once again, thanks for all your help!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
After careful observation, since you told me about the chain coming off, well I have a feeling that the item that's causing me my fits is the differential assembly.
It seems to be intermittent. I did some further trouble shooting by lowering the friction plate and turning the right wheel, thus making the sprockets turn freely,
sometimes the sprocket turn with the chain and sometimes not.
I wonder if there is a way to modify it?

After looking around for part replacement, they want $322. for the whole axle kit.

Once again, thanks for all your help!

I sure wouldn't spend 322 dollars on a 650 mower. Sure haven't hear anything good about Weedeater One . I don't know your money situation, but maybe junk the weedeater and buy a better brand like a Snapper? I just hate repairing the cheap mowers in my shop for reasons just like this.

Gramps101

Threads
I sure wouldn't spend 322 dollars on a 650 mower. Sure haven't hear anything good about Weedeater One . I don't know your money situation, but maybe junk the weedeater and buy a better brand like a Snapper? I just hate repairing the cheap mowers in my shop for reasons just like this.

Thanks for the advice, been reading up on the snapper and it sure fits the bill for the small model.