Pigtails

Chevyfan80

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello
I was having issues with my Cub Cadet shutting off when I would release the brake. Figured out the cause of it and need help finding a replacement pigtail.

The issue was the female connector end. The wires had came loose due to a POS that thinks he's a know it all. I took the seat switch out of the seat and use the tip I found to get around it.

I'm fine with it being that way but I do have one bank that tests my sphincter muscle grip to the seat. I would rather not have a tip over with the blades still engaged.

I have searched for a bit and can not find the female connector. Anyone know where to find one? Or a work around with other wire connectors? I'd rather not pay around 500$ for the entire harness. There's what the switch looks like.

Thanks!
Screenshot_20221005-214052_Amazon Shopping.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From Memory ( always unreliable ) the female plug with the shorting strip is not available except as part of the loom .
Star is compiling a list of mower plugs & terminals . or has access to the list which occasionally he posts .
I did rewire one mower that uses the same switch by fitting a standard 4 pin switch & plug ( NO + NC pair ) but it was not strait forward.
The question is how well do you understand DC electricity ?
and what is your exact model as there is a lot of subtle variations to the set up .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The problem is the Delta Systems is not selling the housings to small companies. I would like to buy them myself especially the 96549-OL ones which are the dual pole shorting one but I have not found a source for them yet. Now you can buy the 96545 connector housings, even then you must buy at least 10 of them.

1665056878104.png

https://nexelec.com/DELTA-96545/
They are currently out of stock so there is no telling when they be back in stock. But Nexelec has posted a lead time of 3-5 days so that might what they using. Anyway I ordering 20 of them myself as the off season is quickly approaching here and I can over the winter months.

And note you must have an open barrel crimper to install the wire terminals and an appropriate pick to remove the old terminals from the current housing.