Pickles

Harriet

Threads
I've recently gotten done with the canning from my vegetable garden----put up lots of tomatoes. I have never canned my own pickles before and I think I'm going to do it next year. Any experienced pickle canners out there??

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I buy my pickles or make them in the refrigerator. If you don't get a lot of help here try this website, there's more threads there pertaining to kitchen stuff.
CountryByNet Forums

oldfatguy

Threads
Pickles are fairly easy to make and there are many good recipes on the Internet. I just finished pickling some peppers, and a mixed garden salad.They need to be processed in boiling water to be shelf stable or they can be refrigerated I also found a great use for all those green tomatoes that are left over. I made 54 pint jars of green tomato jelly it tastes like strawberry preserves , the recipe is on the Internet it uses strawberry or raspberry jello mix for flavor.Very easy to make.

Green Girl

Threads
A neighbor of mine does the refrigerator pickles. Every time we have a gathering of neighbors and friends, it is expected that she will bring her famous pickles. She swears that making them is the simplest thing on earth.

monica123

Threads
What kind of pickles are you looking for? I make dill pickles, mustard pickles, bread and butter pickles and green tomato chow pickles. I have also made chutneys and things like jellied cranberries.