Picked up this 2 cycle toro weed eater

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
10 Bucks doesnt run but i think the carb needs cleaning. Sadly the head is an echo head but still cool!

TC600

Attachments

• Image08222012164343.jpg
    Image08222012164343.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Image08222012164400.jpg
    Image08222012164400.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Image08222012164410.jpg
    Image08222012164410.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 42

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have used toro equipment since i was a child. I have never had a problem with them that my own stupidity didnt create.

This particular piece of equipment is cool because toro doesnt make them anymore and what i have seen so far is that alot of echo pieces are interchangeable the exhaust is similar with same bolt pattern. the walboro carb looks aftermarket. the plug is the same. the heads are the same the shaft is same length and the starter is interchangeable with an echo handheld blower not the weedeater starter.

I have cleaned the carb new plug and cleaned exhaust i cannot get it to fire unless I pour gas into the plug hole :/ I dont know where to go from here. maybe clean carb again? I have not checked fuel filter

Threads
I have used toro equipment since i was a child. I have never had a problem with them that my own stupidity didnt create.

This particular piece of equipment is cool because toro doesnt make them anymore and what i have seen so far is that alot of echo pieces are interchangeable the exhaust is similar with same bolt pattern. the walboro carb looks aftermarket. the plug is the same. the heads are the same the shaft is same length and the starter is interchangeable with an echo handheld blower not the weedeater starter.

I have cleaned the carb new plug and cleaned exhaust i cannot get it to fire unless I pour gas into the plug hole :/ I dont know where to go from here. maybe clean carb again? I have not checked fuel filter

I am not the right person to ask for questions like that!!! :laughing: The weedwacker does seem cool, though!

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

It sounds like it's not getting fuel. If the fuel filter isn't clogged, the next thing I'd check is the fuel lines. On this type of engine (not gravity-fed but pressure-fed) the tank and the carb are in a circuit with the carb pumping air into the tank and the tank returning fuel to the carb. Because the whole circuit is pressurized (at a low level), it's critical that every joint in that circuit be tight (no leaks and that includes the primer bulb, if any.) This system allows the engine to operate upside-down.

This applies to almost all hand-held gas engines (chainsaws, blowers, trimmers...) Almost all push mower engines use a gravity-fed system -- and have a different type of carb and tank as a result.

If you like all things Toro, you need one of these: a two-stroke Suzuki-Toro. It's the most powerful push mower I've come across. They haven't been made since about the late 1980s.

toro-2.jpg

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My boss keeps one of those for his own personal use its in PERFECT and i mean PERFECT condition despite the hours and hours of use on it.

The tank to carb line is just that a single line I have not looked at it in a few days but will check that. I thought it was interesting that there was only one line no air into tank line kinda weird to me :/ but it looks after market walbro carb