PE225 flex drive shaft lube, easy job?

Desmoface

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone, my trusty PE-225 is vibrating so it seems I need to lubricate the flexible drive shaft. I have the lube on order - has anyone done this before? Seems straight forward but I can envision getting the shaft ends back into the engine and head being a PITA.

Thanks for any advice/input.

Honda Tech

Threads
Very easy. Remove the gearcase at the bottom of the shaft and the flexible drive shaft will slide out. The windings should be uniform. If not, it is near it's breaking point and needs to be replaced. Grease shaft and slide back in. Note the square ends on shaft. May have fumble with it a little bit until it drops into clutch hub, then align the shaft with the gearcase and reinstall. EASY!

Desmoface

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very easy. Remove the gearcase at the bottom of the shaft and the flexible drive shaft will slide out. The windings should be uniform. If not, it is near it's breaking point and needs to be replaced. Grease shaft and slide back in. Note the square ends on shaft. May have fumble with it a little bit until it drops into clutch hub, then align the shaft with the gearcase and reinstall. EASY!
Excellent, thank you very much!

Last edited: