Paying employees

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
How many of you have one or more guys working for you? How do you pay them as in by percentage or by the hour? Do you use them as full time employees or do you use them as Contract labor employees? From all appearances we are going to be covered up with work this summer and need to hire one or possibly two guys to help out. Probably one to run a zero turn and one to run a trimmer or two to run trimmmers.......

Threads
How many of you have one or more guys working for you? How do you pay them as in by percentage or by the hour? Do you use them as full time employees or do you use them as Contract labor employees? From all appearances we are going to be covered up with work this summer and need to hire one or possibly two guys to help out. Probably one to run a zero turn and one to run a trimmer or two to run trimmmers.......

I dont anymore since I downsized but when I did I paid a percentage of the job. Its hard for them to make any money if the job is a quick job like a yard of mulch, etc. Just an example.

Nineball1018

Forum Newbie
Threads
I pay em hourly as contract labor. I only need help April thru dec though. Paying by job just doesn't make sense in my situation.

A

AmericanTurf

Be carefull of who you let on the rider. A inexperienced person can cost you money when they screw up.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Business partners get a percentage... Employees get paid hourly... and if it is worth having employees, it is also worth having workmans comp, withholding taxes, regular payroll and all that goes with it... a good accountant can show you how it will make you money. :smile:KennyV