Pawn Shop find

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
a new pawn shop opened up in the next town over, went there today after my brother had been and said they had some non running generators, brought home a Briggs storm responder 5500 watt for $150. it would just pop out of the carburetor.
first thing i noticed was a no name F6RTC spark plug, probably Torch brand.... Put a new NGK RC12YC equivelant in it.. 1st pull it fired right up and purred like a kitten... ran it for an hour under 50% load and it didn't miss a beat. i just need new PCV hose for the Valve cover to airbox, and a new gas cap for the tank.

platefire

Threads
Alright! I like a good search and find story. Congratulations on a good buy!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Imagine, someone pawned this over a spark plug. Good find.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stens now carries Torch plugs. Funny how most common Champ plugs there have been out out stock for over a year. Anything with a torch plug that comes in the shop gets replaced.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Stens now carries Torch plugs. Funny how most common Champ plugs there have been out out stock for over a year. Anything with a torch plug that comes in the shop gets replaced.

I was looking for a match to the RC12YC on Stens, it said something about how it's been changed to some other number.

"RC12YC is no longer available and has been superseded to 130526"

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I was looking for a match to the RC12YC on Stens, it said something about how it's been changed to some other number.

"RC12YC is no longer available and has been superseded to 130526"
NGK BKR5E