Export thread

Pawn Shop find

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

a new pawn shop opened up in the next town over, went there today after my brother had been and said they had some non running generators, brought home a Briggs storm responder 5500 watt for $150. it would just pop out of the carburetor.
first thing i noticed was a no name F6RTC spark plug, probably Torch brand.... Put a new NGK RC12YC equivelant in it.. 1st pull it fired right up and purred like a kitten... ran it for an hour under 50% load and it didn't miss a beat. i just need new PCV hose for the Valve cover to airbox, and a new gas cap for the tank.

P

platefire

Alright! I like a good search and find story. Congratulations on a good buy!

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Imagine, someone pawned this over a spark plug. Good find.

Nice Score man !!

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

Imagine, someone pawned this over a spark plug. Good find.
Yep, those cheap Chinese Torch spark plugs are hit and miss.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Stens now carries Torch plugs. Funny how most common Champ plugs there have been out out stock for over a year. Anything with a torch plug that comes in the shop gets replaced.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Stens now carries Torch plugs. Funny how most common Champ plugs there have been out out stock for over a year. Anything with a torch plug that comes in the shop gets replaced.

I was looking for a match to the RC12YC on Stens, it said something about how it's been changed to some other number.

"RC12YC is no longer available and has been superseded to 130526"

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I was looking for a match to the RC12YC on Stens, it said something about how it's been changed to some other number.

"RC12YC is no longer available and has been superseded to 130526"
NGK BKR5E

(y)

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

NGK BKR5E

Will the BKR5ES work?

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Will the BKR5ES work?
THats what i put in this generator. OE plug is the rc12yc.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

THats what i put in this generator. OE plug is the rc12yc.

Ok, good. Trying to find a cross reference to this, was insane for some reason. I'm thinking they need to narrow the amount of plugs down to something reasonable. I bet NGK, has a 1000 different ones. Same as the other brands.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

NGK br2lm will replace the Champion RJ19LM,
And the bpr6es will work with most honda and kawasaki engines.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

NGK br2lm will replace the Champion RJ19LM,
And the bpr6es will work with most honda and kawasaki engines.

I have a lot of those plugs.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Yeah I pretty much use NGK exclusively now, ive never had a problem out of one.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Yeah I pretty much use NGK exclusively now, ive never had a problem out of one.

I guess once you start using one brand of anything, the numbers and what they fit, are a lot easier to recognize. I think at one time, I was going to switch to only NGK, but for some reason, probably a sale or something, I ended up with a bunch of autolite and stens plugs. I don't even remember what those stens plugs fit.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I usually buy autolites every fall, walmart puts them ln sale for around $1 a plug.

FWIW: There are NGK knock-offs out there. Buy from reputable seller. & maybe google to see how to tell an NGK is a real one.
Confused yet, I was.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

FWIW: There are NGK knock-offs out there. Buy from reputable seller. & maybe google to see how to tell an NGK is a real one.
Confused yet, I was.
I only get mine from O'Reillys or order from the NGK website because of that.
👍

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

I only get mine from O'Reillys or order from the NGK website because of that.
👍

I've gotten quite a few from Stens. I probably spent too much. But when you need to reach that free shipping limits, plugs are a pretty good way to get to the limit. It's almost like getting the plugs for free.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Back before stens raised the amount needed for free shipping I would use a case of oil or a shop pack of plugs but with the new amount I don't even try for free shipping. Customers just get $15 added on to the bill.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Back before stens raised the amount needed for free shipping I would use a case of oil or a shop pack of plugs but with the new amount I don't even try for free shipping. Customers just get $15 added on to the bill.

What's the free shipping limit now. It was $150. Has it gone up?

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Was $100 years ago.