Patriot Uneven Cut

CVo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have checked tire pressure, installed new blades in the correct orientation, and measured the deck on all corners to make sure its even with a 1/4" dip in the front. Its cutting uneven at all heights with it more noticeable the lower you go cause of the thicker grass. In the photo I mowed straight away from the camera. The right side blade is cutting lower when it reaches the middle of the deck. Any ideas on what is causing this? Only thing I can think it might be is a bent spindle. Wanted other opinions before I start replacing parts. Mow 2.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Measuring blade height you need to be checking the blade tips and not the deck corners as many decks are not equal on all sides.

CVo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I never thought about that. Ill check it out.
Thank you.

Lawn Addict
Threads
measured the deck on all corners t
Try measuring the blade tips to level ground & see how that turns out.

Opps, I didn't see Star Tech's post..

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of it is from the 2,000lb physical weight of said 0-turn mower. You are rutting the yard down, packing wheel marks where you mow. You can see exactly where you mow from the ruts. Mower sinks into said ruts lowering the cut and causing unevenness.

Mowing that yard with any rain or fresh rain will only make it worse.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Another thought. Have any spindles been changed out? Maybe some grass got between the deck and spindle skewing the spindle then of course the blade? Shot in the dark. Deck bent? Deck mounts compromised?

bkeller500

Threads
measure the blades at their extreme right and left positions and note height. Then rotate the bladed 180 degrees and measure again.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mow different patterns, my neighbor mows same way everytime, His ruts are terrible..