Outdoor Distributors related to Dixie Sales?

Peva

Threads
I purchased parts from Outdoor Distributors to repair my mower 10 days ago. I called them twice at the end of this last week to find out whether the order actually shipped or not - could not get a straight answer out of them, much less get a tracking number during either call, even though they had sent me an email on the 23rd saying the order shipped.

Today, due to needing the parts and their not being able to give me a straight answer on whether my order has shipped, I sent them an email instructing them to cancel my order, and I have also ordered the same parts from a different company.

After sending the email canceling the order, I checked my credit card account, and I saw the exact amount of the Outdoor Distributor order charged 4 times on my credit card over a period of 5 days, and credited once, so charged a total of 3 times - by a company called Dixie Sales (located in NC - Outdoor Distributors are located in AL). I called my credit card company to report the charges as possible fraud and to have them removed.

Is there a connection between Dixie Sales (NC) and Outdoor Distributors (AL)?

Peva

Threads
Turns out that Dixie Sales is an order fulfillment company for Outdoor Distributors. Long story short, Outdoor distributors did cancel my order at my request. I did also call Dixie Sales, and they said that the charges go on the card from the other company, not them. Weird that that's the way it works. The only thing I can figure is that Outdoor Distributors was trying to trigger Dixie to ship the order, and that would inadvertently trigger another charge to my card. That is only speculation on my part, but the whole thing does not pass the smell test.

Funny thing is, that I got an email yesterday from Outdoor Distr. confirming that they were canceling my order (at my request), then this afternoon, I get a call from Outdoor Distr. informing me that another item on my order is not available, and wanting to know if I still want the other parts. They were a little puzzled when I told them that they had canceled the order at my request yesterday.

I hope like heck the second company I ordered the parts from doesn't use Dixie Sales for order fulfillment. It could turn into another nightmare of getting strung along on parts that they don't have and I loose anohter couple of weeks on getting my lawnmower back up and running.

BTW - it turns out that Order Tree is another name for Dixie Sales. I'll have to keep that in mind if I need parts in the future.

Oh crap! Well - I was just getting ready to post this, but checked my credit card on line - I see that they have added another charge to my account late today. This is war.