Other surging culprits?

Rumrunner

Threads
Rivets and WhyZed, thanks for the advice. I've been reading and intend to work on it some soon. I've just been busy lately. I do realize I need to pull the carb, but I honestly hate pulling the Duraforce carb. I know, I'll make it happen by Sunday. No, I don't intend to drill any jets yet.

Rivets, speaking of punching jets, I haven't done that yet, but my curiosity is up. I imagine I may eventually just for the sheer fun of it. I believe you about not wanting to do it if I haven't before. I guess that's the reason I'd play around with the notion. Of course, I'd have a couple of new jets on hand too. So, having said that, perhaps you could pass some of that knowledge around on the subject.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Very simply put, punching a jet means to increase it's size by less than .001 at a time. This is done using micro drills and a Pin vice drill. Doing this will allow more fuel to enter the different passage ways in the carb and produce a richer mixture. Doing it wrong will result in carbon buildup in the cylinder, plugs carbon fouling, back firing in the muffler, excess fuel consumption, etc.