Original Equipment carburator or one from Carbhub or KEONG ?

rkode

Threads
  • / Original Equipment carburator or one from Carbhub or KEONG ?
Morning
Advice please

I want to replace the existing carb (nikki) on my Briggs engine (installed in a Craftsman T1400 rider.)

When I go to Amazon, I can find what might be called original equipment carbs for my Briggs engine.
But I can also find what is billed as replacements for my exiting carb from places like Carbhub, KEONG and others.
They seem to have mostly favorable ratings and it and their asking price is a quite a bit less.

Has anyone purchased carbs from Carbhub, KEONG or someplace similar ?

If so, what was your experience ?

Richard Milhous

Threads
I haven't, but what do you consider a good rating on Amazon? All that Chinese garbage usually has vast amounts of phony five star ratings. I look for the distribution of one to four star ratings and read the one stars to see if they reflect a consistent and real problem. Sometimes a lot of the one star reviews appear to be phony, too.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Rule of thumb
If the carb has a name cast into the side of it then it will be a reasonable quality item ( however still could have come from the scrap bin )
If it arrives in a branded box or bag then the vendor wants you remember who you got it off so again usually a good unit

However if it is unbranded and come in unbranded packaging then he maker & vendor do not want you to remember where you got it from so it is a lucky dip item.

Richard Milhous

Threads
If it arrives in a branded box or bag then the vendor wants you remember who you got it off so again usually a good unit
Unless it's one of those brands intended to last only six months until they change their name from Hung Kung Fui to Chi Chan Chong.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Unless it's one of those brands intended to last only six months until they change their name from Hung Kung Fui to Chi Chan Chong.
Don't see many of those because when you are running on really low margins the .5¢ extra cost for printing eats into the profits.
I rarely have problems with a branded product although some do tend to be very short lived
I buy a lot of parts from Farmer Tech who previously used the name Arbor Tech which was a trading name of Wengshing Machinery Co .
They split of the public retail which is now called Hutzl , all the same business .
Adding a name to a set of metal moulds can nearly double the cost of the mould so it only gets done when the c\ompany making them is intending to make quality gear & be around for a long time.

Now it is not 100% but I take "unbranded" to mean "untested-lucky dip" and to date that approach has served me well
The second step is to have a look at the vendor
1) do they have a physical address and if the do then google it & look at it in street view
Images on the web of a massive factory but a retail address showing a tiny warehouse in a commercial block don't gel
2) what else do they sell
If everything they sell is associated products then chances they know what they are selling , but if they are selling everything from condoms to maternity bras then they are surplus vendors who just buy whatever they can as cheap as they can with no testing and often sell defective goods.
By virtue of selling maternity bras one might suspect the condoms are not all that good .

ruscar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Morning
Advice please

I want to replace the existing carb (nikki) on my Briggs engine (installed in a Craftsman T1400 rider.)

When I go to Amazon, I can find what might be called original equipment carbs for my Briggs engine.
But I can also find what is billed as replacements for my exiting carb from places like Carbhub, KEONG and others.
They seem to have mostly favorable ratings and it and their asking price is a quite a bit less.

Has anyone purchased carbs from Carbhub, KEONG or someplace similar ?

If so, what was your experience ?
I have a 1997 Snapper with a 13hp B&S 28M707 that the carb needed a new float and needle which I think was going to cost over $20 + shipping. I found the carb make and model # and did a Google search. Amazon and eBay had many knock-offs. I found what looked exactly like mine for $15.20 delivered. I thought, what the heck. So I ordered it. It came in a few days. Opened the box and it matched in every way. Put it on and the engine fired right up. That was back in Jan. this year and it has worked flawless so far. I got it on eBay and the seller is China based and sells under the name motorpartsking . One bit of advice, look very closely at all the pictures and be sure it matches yours, especially the spring hookup.

I agree with others, some of the stuff from some of these vendors is junk, but this one worked out for me.

Good luck.

rkode

Threads
Thanks for the relies folks.
EXACTLY, what I was looking for.

Much obliged.