Organic fertilizer application, delay till mowing question

Threads
  • / Organic fertilizer application, delay till mowing question
Greetings,

Last week I applied a Milorganite knock off (Milorganite is unobtainium here), ProCare Natural 4-3-0 etc. The bag did not have much information as far as pre and post lawn care instructions, or if it did, I missed them. My question is approximately how long should I wait to mow, as I don’t want to waste/scatter the granules any more than I can help, but at the same time, my lawn is getting quite shaggy. I plan on mulching when I do mow. As you can probably tell, I am relatively new to fertilizer, used Turf Builder last year but learned of Milorganite and it seems idiot proof-ish. Thankyou for any advice.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
My opinion on organics.

Milorganite is what 7% total product? Remainder is 93% of a crap filler that does nothing for the grass. Milo isn't cheap either. One bag does 3500sf. I need about 9 bags to get even a mediocre amount of nitrogen on a 1/3 acre lot. So milo costs me well over 100 bucks for one app $$$$. Not much bang for the buck.

I have Bermuda and Tifway Bermuda. These will consume all the nitrogen you can afford to put down. You can dump 46-0-0 weekly with water and it will thrive. Stuff grows on concrete LOL.

What I've found that is not all filler is liquid fertilizers. All product ready for use. Not paying for water or fillers. Can treat 7200sf for less than 20 bucks. Very generous product label too.
packshot_mgrowatersolublelawnfood_2017.png

BRLawn Mowing Services

Forum Newbie
Threads
To prevent environmental problems, the most important management practice is to develop a nutrient management plan that bases application rates on annual soil tests and realistic crop yield goals. Fertilizer applications that exceed soil test recommendations waste time and money.

Jeff
Baton Rouge Lawn Mowing Service

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
To prevent environmental problems, the most important management practice is to develop a nutrient management plan that bases application rates on annual soil tests and realistic crop yield goals. Fertilizer applications that exceed soil test recommendations waste time and money.

Jeff
Baton Rouge Lawn Mowing Service
Pretty much a given. Too much of something doesn't help the turf.

ellabond

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I also have a recommandation for palm fertilizer.Jobe’s Palm Outdoor Fertilizer Spikes. If you are looking for an easy to use fertilizer that has a slow release formula, Jobe’s Palm Fertilizer will be your best pick. The best way to apply the fertilizer is to broadcast it around the entire root zone of the plant avoiding getting too close to the trunk. Fertilizing palm trees is not much different from fertilizing any other type of plants. I also heard that Jobe's have one of the best fertilizer for knockout roses too.