Oregon 120v Cordless Professional Series

Lithium Man

Threads
I don't know if any of you guys have heard of the new Oregon lineup. They're boasting some serious commercial run times with this new lineup. I was going to post a link to the page but I don't have enough posts as of yet.

Mark Widmer

Threads
Oregon seems to be a lot pricier than Greenworks. Can't say if that's generally true, but I looked at 16" chainsaws with 40V / 4 Ah battery & charger on Amazon.

$187 for the Greenworks model,
compared to
$350 for the Oregon model

Both use brushless motors. The Oregon model claims to do 400 cuts on a single charge, vs. 100 for the Greenworks.

MowerMike

Threads
Greenworks quality is just ok IME, whereas Oregon is a cut above (pardon the pun). Kind of like the difference between Black+Decker and Dewalt. Also, the Oregon has a neat feature called “PowerSharp”, which sharpens the chain without needing to remove it from the chainsaw.

OregonProSeries

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oregon seems to be a lot pricier than Greenworks. Can't say if that's generally true, but I looked at 16" chainsaws with 40V / 4 Ah battery & charger on Amazon.

$187 for the Greenworks model,
compared to
$350 for the Oregon model

Both use brushless motors. The Oregon model claims to do 400 cuts on a single charge, vs. 100 for the Greenworks.

Unfortunately, we/Oregon still don't have a 120V Professional Series Chain saw, but our 40V cordless version is better then most you'll find at the Home Centers - and they've got our chain. You can see Oregon's Pro Series landscaping tools at www.oregon120V.com and we're introducing a new commercial mower and handheld blower next week at GIE 2019.

SidecarFlip

Threads
Just what I want to do... Lug a battery pack around on my back to power an electric implement. Not gonna happen here.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd go full battery if it weren't for the equipment cost, battery cost, battery limited mowing time, battery limited life span, and expected planned obsolescence.
The quiet power and no local pollution is very attractive though. And I just like technology.