Opinions on push mower

stokey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Narrowed my choices to Lawnboy 10603 or the Husqvarna 7021P. Any opinions?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Narrowed my choices to Lawnboy 10603 or the Husqvarna 7021P. Any opinions?

Here's the review on the 7021P
Personally I think it's the best out of the two mowers but that's just my opinion.

Husqvarna 7021P

*Est. $285
Reviewed May 2011

husqvarna_7021p.jpg

Gas push mower

Pros

• Honda OHV engine
  • Good brand rating
  • High ball-bearing rear wheels
  • Very good mulching
  • Easy to use

Cons

• Heavy
  • No manual throttle control
  • Relatively short warranty

BobbyR

Threads
Unless you're planning to get a self-propelled mower, my own personal opinion is that it's a waste of money to pay $250 to $400 or more for a push mower when a cheap brand like Weed Eater will do the job just as well and last just about as long if you take proper care of it. I bought a Weed Eater brand push mower almost 10 years ago and it still runs and mows as good as it did the day I brought it home from Walmart. After pushing the primer bubble 4 or 5 times, it has never failed to crank on the very first pull of the rope. Again, this is my opinion only. (I think I paid $79 for the mower still in the box). Please don't label me as "cheap" because I spend the money when I think I need to, but I've worked with and been around mowers all my life (I'm 61 now) and I never could see paying an extra $200 for a name when a cheaper one will get the job done just as well and just as easily. The only drawback is that most of the time the cheaper ones won't take a bagger or other accessories. What you see is what you get.