Older Murray Rider-"Ultra"

bartles

Threads
I need some parts sourcing assistance for an older Murray rider. The information plate is blurred so the model number
is not clear. I am relatively sure it reads "42672X8A " The serial number is: 7428507001F00558,
-It has an opposed piston Briggs, built in 2000
-Its green, with a hydrostatic drive
- The speed control is not a pedal but a lever on the left side, with 5 detents and reverse.
-The drive belt has only one spring loaded belt tensioner pulley (flat)

I need a parts book or a parts source. (ereplacements.com does not recognize the model number)

bartles

Threads
Thanks for your reply. The 42572x8a is close but my mower does not have the belt tensioning arrange as shown, mine has just
one pulley to tension the drive belt. Another difference is the speed control for mine is a lever in the right fender, not a pedal. The decks
are the same. The parts I need are the drive belt and the hydrostatic drive belt.

I’m betting that if you look closely at the model number again it might be a 42572X8A. This manual should help you out. http://www.thepowerportal.com/ipls/ipl.htm?md=42572x8A_IPLURL_LO.pdf&attachment=1

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I have seen this problem a couple times. When Murray was shutting down not all the last IPLs and owners got archived. The last one I like yours was a pain to figure out. If the drive is still intact there should be an embossed part number on it.

Also if you can post an image of the serial number tag for us. There might some other info we can search on the tag.

Last edited:

bartles

Threads
Here are some pictures of the tag....thanks in advance!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pics didn’t come through, can you try again?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don’t understand what is going on here, as the tag says what I posted 42572X8A, which is a foot pedal unit. I looked up units with a fender control. Your tagged unit takes a motion drive belt of 037X61MA and a deck belt of 037X88MA. The best help I can give you with a fender control is as follows; motion drive belt is 037X87MA and deck belt is 037X88MA. The 037X61MA is 95.5” long. The 037X87MA is 97.5” long. You will have to remove the old belt and measure before ordering. Sorry I can’t be of more help, maybe someone else can enlighten both of us what is going on here.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like the part that contained the model number has been switched from another rider. The lever on the left side with 5 detents and reverse sounds more like a gear drive not a hydrostat.

Can the OP confirm that this is a 42 inch deck

More this style of rider and I cannot guarantee this is the correct model either but here is an example

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That appears to be a seat label applied. Maybe the seat has been changed it happens and it might not even be 42" model or even a hydro drive as hydros don't detents normally. But to OP is this model drive belt path closer to what you have?

Murray 425611x99B - Lawn Tractor (2001) Hydro Version

Last edited: