Old Westerns

Hershey

Threads
Is anyone a fan of vintage westerns? I love them. Shows like Laramie, Wagon Train, High Chaparral, Lancer, Wanted Dead or Alive, etc. are all so terrific to watch, even now. I so love the values they represent.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is anyone a fan of vintage westerns? I love them. Shows like Laramie, Wagon Train, High Chaparral, Lancer, Wanted Dead or Alive, etc. are all so terrific to watch, even now. I so love the values they represent.

My favorite is "Have Gun Will Travel". Might have no bearing on the subject, but it makes me wonder:

TV sets used to be small, often black and white only, only fair sound quality, we couldn't get very many channels, and reception was often lousy. Yet many of the programs were so great we think back to the ones 40 years ago.

Today we have huge flat screen plasma and LCD sets, even 3D. Color, picture quality, reception, stereo sound, are a marvel today. And the majority of the programs are garbage reality shows and rehashed sitcom trash that is hardly worth watching.

WHAT A WASTE OF TECHNOLOGY. :frown:

Hershey

Threads
I can't argue with that sentiment at all. We have technology and crap to air over it.

I've been re-watching Have Gun - Will Travel on the Encore network. It's been interesting to watch it again.