Old Toro Sportlawn 21 - Where can I get an owner's manual

ricklea1953

Threads
  • / Old Toro Sportlawn 21 - Where can I get an owner's manual
I have a 1964 sportlawn 21 which I recently purchased. That is the mower I remember from my childhood before I appreciated how good a reel mower cut a perfectly manicured lawn. Now I have the perfect lawn of my own.

Where can I purchase the correct owner's/service manuals so I can set the blade height and sharpen the blades? I have looked high and low on the internet. It seems as though these new websites don't even recognize the old mower or engine (B&S) serial/model numbers.

Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post the engine and units model and serial numbers. All Briggs engine parts break downs are online and many of the older mowers. Can't do much to help until we have all the numbers.

bwdbrn1

Threads
I know what you mean. It's hard finding manuals for the old reel mowers. I recently came across a vintage Toro push reel mower(no engine), and haven't been able to find anything on it. There are a number of manuals and such currently listed on ebay for the Sportlawn.

Briggs and Stratton's web site can be frustrating to navigate, but they do have manuals online for vintage engines. You just have to poke around to find the right place to find them.

ricklea1953

Threads
Thanks. I will keep doing my research. For now I have got to get the old engine running. If that doesn't work I will have to decide to repower or scrap the whole project.

bwdbrn1

Threads
I swear, old engines like that Sprotlawn has seem to have a soul waiting to be brought back to life. I'm sure you can get it running again.