Old toro custom Briggs and Stratton engine

Ned23

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there,
We have a 15 year old Toro ride on lawnmower that contains a Stratton and briggs engine that was made for the specific mower which has been discontinued. I’m at planning on Removing the engine and take it apart in order to try to fix it. I was hoping someone on this forum might have a manual or blueprints for this old engine.I’ve attached a picture of the engine below.

Attachments

• 25416DB3-6A7D-4942-A0DF-8EAB676F4CF2.jpeg
    25416DB3-6A7D-4942-A0DF-8EAB676F4CF2.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 16

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may not need to take engine apart, what are symptoms, not turning over with key or by hand, burning oil etc.?
Need Model xxxxxx, Type xxxx, Trim xx, & Code xxxxxxx numbers from engine please. Thanks, Mark

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The only unique part on this engine is the sticker you posted a photo of .
On the rocker cover is the numbers Mark asked for stamped into it
If the letters OHV are upside down then it will be on the bottom

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi there,
We have a 15 year old Toro ride on lawnmower that contains a Stratton and briggs engine that was made for the specific mower which has been discontinued. I’m at planning on Removing the engine and take it apart in order to try to fix it. I was hoping someone on this forum might have a manual or blueprints for this old engine.I’ve attached a picture of the engine below.
The sticker you posted is about like me saying that I have a car and need to know how to fix it then posting this photo. The folks here need model and serial number to help.

large-ford-emblem-matte-black-1000_823x823.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post the model number and serial number of the mower. From there we can get the engine numbers.