Old Grasshoppers

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
Would be interested in buying older non running grasshopper mowers. Message me with what ya got!

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Never seen a grasshopper but heard of them very little. Dont know anything about them.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see alot of scag, toro/exmark, hustler, cub cadet, dixon, and few others.

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
Toro/Exmark are pretty big in our area as well. They make a nice machine.

BWH

Threads

We have a very strong dealer network in NE Nebraska with a lot of schools/municipal/lawn care services running Grasshoppers. One aggressive dealer normally sells over 100 new units every spring which means there are a good selection of pre-owned units. Quite a few of our lawn care professionals exclusively are using 700 & 900 series Grasshoppers.

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
W sell around 60 Grasshoppers at our dealership! Gotta love the cut quality from a GH!

BWH

Threads
Bought my first GH in 1982 a 1600 nice mower for its time but a lot of shafts & chains, 2nd in 1992 a 612 darn nice mower (when I sold it to a friend it was almost as good of shape as when I bought it), 3rd in 2001 a 721 gas the best one to date.

I suppose its time to update soon but my 721 is real good shape, but I have been researching the 725 diesels I would like to get into something like that wit a suspension seat. (Getting Old :smile:)

One thing certain Its the only mower I'll ever own other than a classic just to own.

BWH

Threads
W sell around 60 Grasshoppers at our dealership! Gotta love the cut quality from a GH!

Have you had any of the lower hood cracking on the 2010 725D's ? In another post on this site a person had told of his experience with his lower hood above the electric clutch/muffler,having a hair line crack, then replaced it and had it crack again. It did sound like it may have been a design flaw and has since been redesigned on later model years.

My question what years were the effected models?

OUTDOOR CONCEPTS

Threads
Have you had any of the lower hood cracking on the 2010 725D's ? In another post on this site a person had told of his experience with his lower hood above the electric clutch/muffler,having a hair line crack, then replaced it and had it crack again. It did sound like it may have been a design flaw and has since been redesigned on later model years.

My question what years were the effected models?

We have always had trouble with the lower hoods cracking as well. I would say its a design flaw. Apparently its caused by the vibrations from the kubota. We have had a little luck with adding some rubber spacer/washers to the hood. Nothing really help 100% that we have found tho.