Export thread

Ok, what snaps into the cupholder on my yth2454?

PIJoe

PIJoe

Something goes in here, what snapped/hooked into the cupholder? Am I missing some cool accessory here, or was it some lame secondary cupholder or something? I've looked on the Husky lists, Craftsman, Poulan, etc... Nothing. It's driving me a little nuts to think I'm missing something cool. It has nothing to do with the sunshade.

IMG_0014.jpg

Flintmotorsports

Flintmotorsports

Something goes in here, what snapped/hooked into the cupholder? Am I missing some cool accessory here, or was it some lame secondary cupholder or something? I've looked on the Husky lists, Craftsman, Poulan, etc... Nothing. It's driving me a little nuts to think I'm missing something cool. It has nothing to do with the sunshade.

View attachment 29088

I have worked on many of the brands you listed and have not seen anything
in the cup holder other then these holes. these holes will not allow it to hold
water.

PIJoe

PIJoe

That's odd that they would have those twist locks in the bottom for nothing. Weird. I was hoping for some cool accessory, like a laser or roman candle launcher... :laughing:

Flintmotorsports

Flintmotorsports

That's odd that they would have those twist locks in the bottom for nothing. Weird. I was hoping for some cool accessory, like a laser or roman candle launcher... :laughing:

maybe you should come up with some cool idea that will fit right in there and make a lot of money doing it.

G

GKL

View attachment 29088

I don't know, but could it possibly be for a taller cup holder to twist and lock in place in those slots ?

Maybe a phone call to the manufacturer might solve the mystery :confused3: :smile:

Flintmotorsports

Flintmotorsports

Is this machine new? if so call the place you bought it and talk to them.

PIJoe

PIJoe

Not new, she's an '07... I like the idea of making something to fit, so I need to figure out something I really want on there. I am still partial to that laser idea. :laughing:

D

deck~dragger

Very observant of you Joe, so you must be a PI ? I never gave it a second thought on my mower, just figured they were for water drain. For the record, I did a web search too and came up with zilch also. Makes one wonder, on the drawing board if the cup holder engineers had the idea of having a twist-in cup in mind. Inquiring minds want to know :confused3:

RDA.Lawns

RDA.Lawns

My question is why dose every manufacture make cup holders that are absolutely useless.

PIJoe

PIJoe

That is a great question. That thing can barely keep a tape measure contained, so yeah- forget about an ice cold beverage. My phone does store neatly in the cubby on top of the hood though, I must say... :biggrin:

I

ingigo

I have a 2015 yt XLS with a cup holder and unless the holes are on the bottom and little holes, it is for water drainage like the other compartments on the model I have. I have discovered many things on the body and frame that would only be useful with add on parts. they make everything modular so you cup holder could be part of a brace system for a cab or maybe a light mount to point rearward for attachments and such. I am so fed up with the engineers at Husqvarna in Sweden here and kinda now my dealer. I am just going to make whatever out of what I bought. Mount a fan in that cup holder or a bottle of Planter's nuts.

Jesse82ABN

Jesse82ABN

I know I'm several years late to this thread, but I have a 2021 TS354XD and it still has the twist lock holes in the cup holder. So does my 2014ish Ariens rider (made by Husqvarna) and my buddies 2006 YTH20K46. Yeah they help water drain, but you don't put in curved slots just for water drainage. They are clearly there for something to twist lock into and I want to know!! It's drove me crazy ever since I got the Aliens back in 2014ish! I want to talk to a Husqvarna employee that is in the know. Someone out there has to know why the slots are there and don't hand us any "water drainage" conspiracy theories! We can handle the truth and we want to know the truth!!!