OK to use synthetic oil ?

JD_Driver

Threads
My TORO zero turn mower has Kawasaki 23 hp engine. 270 hours on it. 10 Years old. Been using CASTROL 10w30 or 20w50 in it, conventional oil. I've been thinking about maybe running synthetic in it this spring. Heck, everything else seems to be running ir. Got any thoughts on that anyone? I don't think I'd want to go down to 5w30 and don't know if synthetic comes in 10w30 or some such.

At this point, you’re doing your engine a disservice by not using synthetic oil. It’s a much better product than conventional oil. There is no downside other than cost.

Ronni

Threads
My TORO zero turn mower has Kawasaki 23 hp engine. 270 hours on it. 10 Years old. Been using CASTROL 10w30 or 20w50 in it, conventional oil. I've been thinking about maybe running synthetic in it this spring. Heck, everything else seems to be running ir. Got any thoughts on that anyone? I don't think I'd want to go down to 5w30 and don't know if synthetic comes in 10w30 or some such.
Synthetic motor oil was invented by the Germans in WWII because they couldn’t get the supply otherwise. Synthetic these days has better protections for extreme conditions and it costs more. Regular motor oil will protect your engine just fine as long as you maintain your engine according to the owners manual and it costs less.

SirMowzalot

Threads

Moparjoe499

Threads
Just use regular oil and put in a bottle of slick 50.

J.D. Dave

Threads
I have a Generac 15KW standby generator air cooled with 992cc V twin engine, would it be ok to use the oil mentioned above (Amsoil/Kawasaki) and which one would be better?

BTBO

Threads
I have a scag liberty z with the Kawasaki engine. Changed the factory oil @ 7 hrs using Mobil 1 20W/50. Last year I started using Valvoline synthetic racing oil 20W/50 (black bottle) because of the higher zinc content, as well as in my Troybilt push mower with Honda GCV 160 using 10W/30. I get it online via Walmart. Good stuff.

Bushbunnie

Forum Newbie
Threads
what for? if it 's been good for ten years it should be good for 10 more.

MartinR

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you have done that many hours on 10/20w30 oil I would stick to it, using synthetic now could cause a problem. I used to use SAE30 in the FH series Kawasaki's with out problems for hundreds of hours but the new ones are specifying semi synthetic, involves more cost and you can never be to sure to what benefit until it goes wrong.

Gord Baker

Threads
Stick with what you are using now. You may get many oil leaks changing to Synthetic. 10w30.