• Kubota 1.jpg
    Kubota 1.jpg
    762.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Kart1.JPG
    Kart1.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 6

Lawn Addict
Threads
I gotta shoot some latest pics of my Z.. Soon as things settle down.AFTER.JPGLZ.png

Last edited:

ttimtucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Everybody,

Please reply to this thread with some info and/or photos of your mowers and other mowing equipment. Let's see those mowers!! 👍
Ryobi RY40104 16" electric mower. Control board dead. Prototype control board replacement (impractical, proof of concept)

Attachments

• Ryobi 16 inch v2.jpg
    Ryobi 16 inch v2.jpg
    965.2 KB · Views: 4

ttimtucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ryobi RY40104 16" electric with dead control board. Prototype for replacement of control board (impractical, proof of concept).

Attachments

• Ryobi 16 inch v2.jpg
    Ryobi 16 inch v2.jpg
    965.2 KB · Views: 0

Lawn Addict
Threads
There's a quick look at the Black Out Edition Liberty 48"

Kiss4aFrog

Threads
Now that I'm in the city on a small lot I've been reduced to a Craftsman T210. Just a generic box store machine. Used to have a JD pulling a Swisher and two Craftsman. One was for pulling around a garden trailer (no deck) for landscaping, wood chips, compost, ... and the other to rough cut in areas I didn't want to take the JD. It's a heck of an adjustment going from 5A in Wisconsin to .3A in Florida. I tried to use a push mower as a rider seemed kind of overkill but pushing a mower through what they call grass down here was a real workout. That's when you know you're getting old !!

.Craftsman-T210-Hydrostatic-Riding-Mower.jpg

GearHead36

Threads
A couple of years ago, I moved to my childhood home, next door to my sister. It came with a 2000ish 48" Husqvarna lap-bar ZTR. It was taking me about 2 hrs for my yard, and another hr for hers. So I wanted something with a bit more capability. There are also a decent amount of slopes around here, so I wanted a steering wheel model. My checklist was:
- 54" or 60" deck
- Steering wheel
- ROPS
- Suspension seat
- More power (per inch of cutting deck) than the Husqvarna, which was bogging on hills with thick grass.

This is what I found. A Cub Cadet Pro Z 154S. It has 27HP vs 17HP for the Husqvarna. It needed quite a bit of work, but I got it for a steal. It runs great, cuts great, and cuts fast. I've tested the cutting speed by making a pass at half speed, turned around, and made another pass at full speed. Then I got off the mower, and examined the grass. I couldn't tell the difference. The suspension seat works better than I expected, too. I still use the Husqvarna for leaf collection because it has a bagger. When I do, I remember how much I like the suspension seat.

Am I glad I got the steering wheel? Overall, yes. It has it's pros & cons. It works MUCH better on slopes, and I can mow much faster and accurately in a straight line. Which means that I can mow faster next to brick walls, and I don't have to overlap as much. But it doesn't make 180's as easily as a lap bar mower. Another plus, though, is that on the rare occasions that I want help with the yard, it can be used by others in the house who aren't comfortable with lap bars.

Attachments

• 1708378173865.jpeg
    1708378173865.jpeg
    491.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: