Buying Advice OK, I'm close, talk me into a new Cub 2000. Tell me what you think.

Tom

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / OK, I'm close, talk me into a new Cub 2000. Tell me what you think.
Hi,

I was looking at the Deere X series then I talked to a couple people that said I should check out the new Cub 2000. I have to admit on paper they spec out better but I'm a little hesitant having a bad taste in my mouth from a 6284 I had for a very short time about 6 years ago. (The one with the Cat/Perkins Diesel in it, real clunker)

So, apease my fears and tell me how you are making out with your new 2000 series.

Tom

benski

Threads
Shoot, I'd say you couldn't go too far wrong with either choice. I love my 13? year old CC 2164. The X 3-- series JDs I hear are great machines, too.:cool:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think you will find no matter what you buy in what ever price range all the major brand mower are made with good and bad points. I know what you mean when you buy a lemon, is it worth going back again. Not for me, but to each there own. I guess this is why some American made products are in trouble now.

robert

Threads
reynoldston, very true, I would only add that brand name is no longer an assurance that one is receiving full value for dollars spent.

A very wise person here said to buy as much engine as you are able, I would add that you should try to buy as much engine and transmission as you are able-after this the color is all that is left.