OK, grass, GROW!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
We need the wind to blow. That with the sun will help dry things out faster.

My landlord lets me mow their yard. So from now til winter, my rent will be almost nothing. I usually mow it 3 times a month, and that keeps my rent at $0.

smhardesty

Threads
Yeah, my landlord pays me nothing to mow my yard. I guess that might be because I'm the landlord. LOL!

mcostello

Threads
My yard trimmer ( I mow) trims and cooks supper.

smhardesty

Threads
My cook kind of restricts herself to household stuff. She hasn't mowed a yard, run a trimmer, shoveled snow, or any other type chore since we first got together in 1983. But she is one hell of a cook. LOL!

Lawn Addict
Threads
I get laughed at for washing and waxing my mowers. I also get laughed at for cleaning the underside of the deck, then putting on two coats of primer, followed by two coats of paint and a healthy application of heavy duty metal protector. Maybe I'm a little anal, but I get top dollar for my stuff when I sell it. Guys that have bought my old mowers tell me that what they got was the best used mower they ever purchased, so I guess it pays off.
That's what I do as well.. And pays off, like the selling of my former Toro.. etc.

The winter waxing helps me all year, just use leaf blower & maybe wipe it with my duster & looking good again.

And my cook since 1994 is a great cook as well, + also does the front by push mower.. She loves to cut on diagonal. & loves the old MTD w/Flathead Briggs..

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
My cook kind of restricts herself to household stuff. She hasn't mowed a yard, run a trimmer, shoveled snow, or any other type chore since we first got together in 1983. But she is one hell of a cook. LOL!

Sounds like you're getting the short end of the stick, man.

smhardesty

Threads
That's what I do as well.. And pays off, like the selling of my former Toro.. etc.

The winter waxing helps me all year, just use leaf blower & maybe wipe it with my duster & looking good again.

And my cook since 1994 is a great cook as well, + also does the front by push mower.. She loves to cut on diagonal. & loves the old MTD w/Flathead Briggs..
I managed to get nearly 75% of the original cost of my last lawn tractor when I sold it. It was a Cub Cadet that I had used for 5 years. Not a bad return on a necessary "investment". That made those 5 years of mowing pretty reasonable.

Yep, when I'm done mowing, I pull the tractor up near the east side of my garage. I fire up the air compressor and give the entire tractor a really good dusting off. I keep the top of the deck as free from debris as I can. I'm absolutely convinced my belt lasts at least twice as long by keeping the deck cleaned off.

The one thing I keep telling my cook is that she at least needs to know how to run the mower, just in case I end up with some ailment that keeps me off the thing. She's finally beginning to warm up to that idea after the last few years of medical problems I've had. Everything happened during the winter months so there hasn't been a problem yet, but I keep telling her the next hitch in my get along might happen in the spring. A fellow just never knows.

smhardesty

Threads
Sounds like you're getting the short end of the stick, man.
Not a bit. I'm old school. I know a lot of women don't like to hear this, but to my wife and me, there are certain things a guy should do and certain things a gal should do. Yep, some would say I'm a chauvinist, but neither my wife or I think I am. I still open the doors for her, to include the car door, I walk on the street side of the sidewalk, I remove her coat when we sit somewhere like a restaurant, and a whole host of other "chauvinistic" behaviors, at least according to the women libbers. LOL!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not a bit. I'm old school. I know a lot of women don't like to hear this, but to my wife and me, there are certain things a guy should do and certain things a gal should do. Yep, some would say I'm a chauvinist, but neither my wife or I think I am. I still open the doors for her, to include the car door, I walk on the street side of the sidewalk, I remove her coat when we sit somewhere like a restaurant, and a whole host of other "chauvinistic" behaviors, at least according to the women libbers. LOL!

I'm not knocking your gentlemen like way of doing things. Those things come in handy.