Oil???

enigma-2

Threads
So you're saying that Mobile One is the best oil?

(Slow day, couldn't resist)

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I said a real true synthetic. As in Redline ect......

Purple wonder, Mobile 1 and such are not real true synthetics. Probably group 3 at best with one minor additive that is synthetic.
BuT ThE RaCe cAr DrIVers UsE It....
;) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
I still occasionally work on vintage engines. Most oils today are designed for today's engines. Many things that were used in yesterday's engines had to come out of the oil because they contaminated catalytic converters. A well known cam grinder for vintage engines I know will recommend using Mobil One if a vintage oil is not available.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
So you're saying that Mobile One is the best oil?

(Slow day, couldn't resist)
A good solid oil, yes. A true synthetic nope. Stuff costs like $22 bucks a gallon at walmart.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most grocery store Olive Oils are synthetic - just saying.
Hope this was a comedic public service announcement. I'd have to agree with the info. Most EVOO's are blended corn oil to cut cost.

Robo_iii

Threads
Yep... just lightening up focus on synthetics and whatnot's. Good bake-test on any oils/blends (when dealing w/ air cooled small engines) would be to heat it up 180 degrees for 1 hour and see if dark carbon quickly builds up.

Hope this was a comedic public service announcement. I'd have to agree with the info. Most EVOO's are blended corn oil to cut cost.