OIL

cambre

Threads
When checking oil on a Kohler 26HP twin do you screw dipstick in or just let it rest on filler tube? My manual says push dipstick all the way down but mine screws down. Thanks

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
When checking oil on a Kohler 26HP twin do you screw dipstick in or just let it rest on filler tube? My manual says push dipstick all the way down but mine screws down. Thanks

On a Kohler with a screw on dip stick you reinsert the dip stick and thread it down completely. On a Kawasaki you just sit it on top of the threads to check the oil.

hankg

Forum Newbie
Threads

If t were me, I would take that to mean screwed down, whether you push it there or screw it there. Only my opinion of course.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
My manual on my CH22 says not to screw it down to check the oil. I really can't see what little different in the amount of oil that it would do harm either way. It just has to be a few oz. of oil.