oil leak

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
So did you also remove the engine cover (Blower housing ) & clean the whole engine.. Very good maintenance to keep engine from overheating & dying.
I couldn't hear you!!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
So did you also remove the engine cover (Blower housing ) & clean the whole engine.. Very good maintenance to keep engine from overheating & dying.
Ah okay, so I need to remove the engine cover and clean the block and fins? Probably a yearly item right? LOL

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might use a good rust converter like Corroseal, primer and a little paint too.

1653122781985.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well even Briggs is ridiculous priced the rocker it is still better to replace as costs about the same a bottle of that rust convertor. Plus don't developing a hole in that thin metal later from the continuing rusting.

But of there folks that will spend 10x as much trying to avoid buying the correct parts.

If the op want to remove the rust he could use electrolysis method. Here I use a 60W solar panel and white vinegar. Brings it down to bare metal. Then you clean off the vinegar, air dry with a blower, and then paint it with Rust-Oleum paint.

Last edited:

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the op want to remove the rust he could use electrolysis method.
If you want to remove rust just sand it down or wire wheel it.

Once converted spray away. Could use Corroseal on other projects too

Better to get a new cover no doubt.

2ball

Threads
I have to say that I half assed it. I couldn't get to the nut in the back that holds the engine cover on, so I gave up. i did pry the cover up and spray degreaser behind it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, that is half assed, you gotta know if the fins & engine is clean & free from say any mouse houses etc..

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just agreeing with you is all. Clean those fins all day long.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might clean the block cooling fins while you are at it. Remove the top engine cover and get to cleaning. This is a yearly item in your engine manual.
10-4